Monday, March 5, 2012

Ava's 2!

I am so tired from today, but in a most excellent way.  Our baby girl is 2-years-old!  While today is her actual birthday, we've been celebrating all weekend.  A lot of things had me reconsider a "friend" party, so we went with family only and boy was it awesome, truly.  Saturday we went to Elise & Ralph's where we celebrated with a yummy ice cream cake and pizza.  Cousins each gave Ava a gift, something of theirs that was special to them, so it was a really big deal kid-to-kid.  Elise's kids still think of Ava as a "baby," so they want to take turns holding her.  It's cute, but Ava sometimes gets fed up with it and finally yells "no! down!"

Sunday Grandma and Grandpa Humphrey came to church with us, then over to the house after where we had spaghetti dinner and a homemade cake courtesy of mommy.  I'm not a baker, but it was yummy regardless.  Thanks Betty Crocker!  That night, after much play and sugar, sweet Ava girl passed out in our bed during story time.  I was especially excited for her actual birthday because I'd taken the day off of work to be with her.  It was so fun!  In the morning Bill & I took her to breakfast, then home for a nap, then off to meet Elise and the twins for a birthday pedicure.  Being the only boy, Zavier was content to play games on Elise's phone, but Azure got her nails painted with sparkles, Elise and I enjoyed our pedicures and Ava got her toe nails painted pink with sparkles on top.  I can't believe how still she sat for it!  Afterward we visited Bill at work, where she showed off her toes some more, then we headed home.

After dinner we took cupcakes to a family in our ward and while we were out we got a call from our next door neighbor letting us know to come over when we got back.  Our neighbors had a card for her with a gift card to Toys R Us inside.  So generous!  Finally the day had drawn to an end, so we read stories and had our usual mommy-daughter cuddle time.  Lying with her during cuddle time I felt little fingers crawling up my arm.  I asked "Ava, is that a spider?" She giggled with delight and said "Yes!" Such a silly girl.  She won't know until she has her own kids, just as I didn't get it until I was a mother, but celebrating her is in fact a gift to me.  I have just watched her smile, laugh, focus, sleep, etc. these past few days and I revel in her happiness, delight, curiosity and excitement.  

Happy birthday, Ava xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment